Sunday, February 8, 2015

To Shed What No Longer Serves Me

To be better, to do better, to know better, to be more, to have more, to never make a mistake, to be everything to everyone. To fix yourself.

Reframe.

To be as you are. To do your best in any given moment. To learn from your experiences. To know that all you are is enough. To know that you have everything you need in this moment. To be curious when things turn out differently than what you had hoped. To know that nourishing yourself is necessary. To shed what no longer serves you.

Healing is not fixing something that is broken. Choosing to commit to a practice for 108 days is not about making yourself or your life better. It is about learning the gentle art of loving yourself, and shedding that which no longer serves you. It is the shedding process that allows you to let go of what is not integral to the core of who you are in this world. It is a process that allows your spirit to shine through to the world even more deeply. It is a process of liberation. It is an audacious act.

That is what I have been reminded of as I have cycling through my commitment again. Exploring the curiosity of why I am struggling to look in the mirror. While some of it, I have recognized, is an energetic imprint that comes hand in hand with choosing certain foods, I am recognizing that it is also the framing of the moment. If I look in the mirror and feel as though I am exploring food as medicine as a way to 'fix' myself, what I see is where my body is not perfect. Where I need to be better. On every level. But if I look in the mirror and reframe this process as shedding what no longer serves me - choosing foods that engage that shedding process, I recognize that my body is constantly in a state of flux and transformation, that I am empowered to support in each moment, and in each choice.

It is the mindset . . . or the framing that needs to be shed. Like the snake of the skin. So that I can arrive in this world in each moment, fully. Extracting every last bit of juice from each moment, and allowing my flesh and soul to sink into my life in this exact moment. Here in this moment, is what I have. Here in this moment, I choose to reframe. To shed what no longer serves me.



No comments:

Post a Comment